Wednesday, August 5, 2009

música para el mundo

Music is one of my most favorite forms of art. Through someone else's perspective we are able to experience their reality! What explains the chills I get when I hear a certain note? Or the flood of emotion that happens when I relate to the lyrics? Music is a universal form of communication; it is used within every culture, normally playing a very predominant role. Even when trying to sit here and explain my opinion of music I am lost because there is just so much to say. Religion, or any other type of cultural practice incorporates music almost every time. Different sectors within cultures use music as their means of expression; rap, country, punk rock. We listen to it in our cars, in our homes and now thanks to the good ol ipod...where ever we want. Major corporations have been built using music as it's product. Many lives have been improved or destroyed as a result. As a fan of many different types of music I almost always have an open mind. Yet these days I'm wondering where all the soul has gone; is it only about money now?

No comments:

Post a Comment