Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"I don't want art for a few"

"I do not want art for a few, anymore than education for a few, or freedom for a few"...Wow, that's some pretty powerful sh*t. Excuse my language I wouldn't know how else to say it. This statement founded a whole movement of art for artists...A revolutionary time that said; Screw the academy and who they deem fit...let them ponder over if the work is to the liking of the patron; this art is for the people. When does the oldest form(artistic) form of expression gain the respect and admiration it has always deserved, without being tormented by a chosen bunch? Why do people snub artists then turn around and buy art to 'decorate' their homes? It tickles me, yes I said tickles me when people turn their noses to a fine art major. What could possibly be floating threw their minds? I could argue that my practice (of art) is one of the most universal forms of communication to date, as well as the most useful. What's on your mind??? What do you think I mean by presenting this Car Wash???

No comments:

Post a Comment