Monday, July 20, 2009

Everyone is a Leader


I have read this Incomplete Manifesto for Growth many times during my study of art. The funny thing is every time I read it I am attracted to different numbers. For example when I originally had to pick one in a graphic design course I chose. Avoid software (24) and Break it, stretch it, bend it, crush it, crack it, fold it (37). I'm going to assume I chose these because I was also in a 3D course so the advice seemed appropriate. Now I am going to have to choose the following: Allow events to change you (1), stay up late (18), don't borrow money (31), imitate (35) and laugh (41). All of these statements are useful in a creative mind. I have chosen the above mentioned statements because nothing in life stays the same, I can't sleep, I'm broke, I am in a photographer's block and when all is close to hopeless what can you do but laugh. I believe that the fluidity of creativity is what sooths the soul of an artist. In terms of using these statements in future designs or projects I would say the winner would be stay up late; I work well in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment