Monday, July 27, 2009

BLOG OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE.

I chose a couple of blogs that you can find at the bottom of the left column on this page. I chose the first one (http://iheartphotograph.blogspot.com/) because it is basically a connection to many photographers; famous or not that display their work there on that blog. Each photograph or image has a link to another blog, related websites or the artist's website. The purpose of this blog is to post work, get exposure and feedback. Also could be used to research artists. What I really liked about this blog is the freedom of content and its use of images in place of words. It allows you to form your own opinions of the images before the writing clouds your interpretations. The second blog(http://harrioak.blogspot.com/) I chose is an artist community blog centered in Oakland, California (where I used to live for some time). While there I was exposed to a growing artist community and for that reason I was curious what's going on these days there. This blog is designed to inform local artists and supporters of events or news happening within the art culture. The types of events are located on a very wide spectrum of purpose; but all connected to the theme of art culture. Design being such a versatile word is spread up and down, across and within both of these websites...just have a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment