Friday, June 11, 2010

walk 2/week 2

People are so self centered these days during this exercise I didn't find much of a difference between wearing glasses and an Ipod vs. not. When I cocooned myself in my recent itunes purchases with my payless shades I was kinda nervous walking around downtown Tucson. My senses were overwhelmed and definitely not at the awareness level I am used to. When I went back through the path I had taken without the shades and concert, my attempts at eye contact where shut down by almost all people... except the homie bumpin in his cutlass, he made eye contact with me :)
I tried this again when a friend of mine asked me to pick her up at a local bar. She wasn't ready to leave so I sat there in my PJ's and slippers and of course the sunglasses at 1 am. Surprisingly the sunglasses did not make me unapproachable, in fact in that setting more people were curious as to why I was wearing sunglasses in the middle of the night. Since I'm pregnant I could not join in the festivities so I messed with the drunkards... making up multiple stories as to why I was wearing the glasses. I actually felt quite glamours and when I took them off...I just wasn't that interesting anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment